Author Archives: R
In the menu I’ve put links to SIX of the strongest “arguments” against copyright. (actually they are just broad categories)
To navigate this site, click on one of these six links above. They are as follows:
1) The internet is monetized through familiarity and attention. The business model of selling copies in a world saturated with copies is a bad business model.
2) In our Defence… the important people who champion the cause of the file-sharer such as Lawrence Lessig, founder of Creative Commons.
3) Copyright History reveals that copyright is monopoly. It is a relic left over from British Imperialism, an outgrowth of the mercantilism ideas. Since then it has metastasized at the hands of US multinationals into a fearsome regime.
4) Copyright is the anti-thesis of a free internet, of personal privacy and of freedom of speech. You can have one or the other. You cannot have both.
5) Copyright places huge social costs on society, measured not in dollar signs, but in number of lives.
6) Ideas are not like physical things. Ideas can be copied an infinite number of times without reducing the ability of the original author to employ the idea.